Re: Combining related man pages

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 23:20:44 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2018, Philip Prindeville wrote:

> I was just looking at the contents of docs/libcurl/opts as I work on PR
> #2495, and was wondering why options like CURLINFO_FILETIME and
> CURLINFO_FILETIME_T don’t share the same page, since they’re just different
> versions of the same thing?

There are a few reasons:

1. I find it clearer and more straight-forward to only document a single
function on that single page. Clearer for the reader that is.

2. It was very easy to do.

3. Our infrastrcture on the web site (that generates the contents) and tests
etc presume this one to one mapping in several places, so it has also been a
matter of going with the least resistance or least amount of extra work.

None of them are very strong or says we can't change how things are going
forward.