Re: Trouble building libcurl.lib

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2018 11:33:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 6 May 2018, dp wrote:

> I followed the instructions and was able to get nmake to complete without
> errors (although I had to use WITH_DEVEL=<dir> because I could not get the
> /deps default to work). I believe I have OpenSSL properly installed.

I assume you mean the instructions in the winbuild/ directory?

Which was the full command line you used to build curl and libcurl with?
BUILD_WINDOWS.txt lists "WITH_SSL" as a key to enabling OpenSSL in the build,
did you have that set accordingly?

> using static options, the resulting libcurl_a.lib won't link -- I get
> LNK2019 errors unresolved external symbol for all the curl_easy_xxxxxx()
> calls.

That sounds like you're not defining CURL_STATICLIB:
https://curl.haxx.se/docs/faq.html#Link_errors_when_building_libcur