Old Curl Project

From: Don Landsom <Don.Landsom_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 04:08:35 -0400

Hello

I'm new here and was hoping to learn more about Curl in the attempts to breath some life into an old project until it can be brought up to date through a complete overhaul.

The project manages a web-site through the use of Curl relying heavily on FTP along with a number of other protocols.

A request has been made to include support for SMTP, but unfortunately the current build is so old that it's not supported. The system is running Windows XP sp3 with Curl-7.13.0 and does the job quite well.

Eventually the entire system will be upgraded with current hardware and software, however a short-term patch is being looked at to see if it's possible to get support included for SMPT.

Not looking to take too big of a leap hear as everything is to be replaced so I searched to find the closest possible Curl release support SMPT which appears to be Curl-7.20.0.

The current application is running VB6 using the dll wrapper VBLibCurl 1.0, so the big question is whether this wrapper can be interfaced with Curl-7.20.0.

I've tried playing around with things but appear to be causing more harm them good, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.