Re: SMB: unable to upload file to a subfolder: remote file not found

From: René Berber <rene.berber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 14:04:53 -0500

On 5/18/2018 6:34 AM, Ivan Pilipenko wrote:

> I have an implementation of a tool that uses libcurl 7.60.0 to upload
> report files to an FTP server, creating subdirectories as needed. So
> far this has been working fine, but now we also got a request to do
> the same using SMB.
>
> The implementation I got so far manages to upload a file to a share's
> root folder, i.e. "smb://myserver/share/test.txt", but fails when
> attempting to upload the file to an _existing_ subfolder, i.e.
> "smb://myserver/share/testfolder/test.txt".
[snip]

> Executing results in "CURL error: Remote file not found", errorBuffer
> is empty. I am not quite sure why this error message is returned by
> libcurl. Obviously, the remote file might not exist when I'm
> attempting to upload one?

Usually the problem is with permissions. At least for me when working
with a Linux server that is running Samba/CIFS.

And I don't mean the permissions as seen on the Windows side, those are
not always useful. The main thing is ownership and permissions, and how
Samba (if involved) might map them (or not).

--
R. Berber