Re: Assigning "sub maintainers" for Windows and cmake!

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 11:24:51 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 23 May 2018, Sergei Nikulov wrote:

>> message(WARNING "the curl cmake build system is poorly maintained.

> We already tried multiple times to remove this message, but Daniel still
> objects those changes :)

But do you consider that line to be wrong ?

I think our 9 open cmake issues basically prove me right. And its not like
these nine issues are a new problem that just appeared. Our cmake issues often
take a long time to get fixed in our project.

The cmake build works perfectly for a whole bunch of users and that's fine and
good, but there's no doubt in my mind that if you run into problems with it
you're up for a rougher ride than with some of the other build options we
have. Plus the fact that the cmake build is far from as feature-complete as
the configure build is.