Re: Build problems with DLL vs static

From: Don Landsom <Don.Landsom_at_verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2018 14:10:28 -0400

I'm having the exact same issue, Target build for XP SP3, Curl 7.59.0 /
7.60.0. OpenSSL builds without error as does Curl, but the curlversion info
doesn't show that OpenSSL is being available.

I purposely broke things by deleting the OpenSSL dll files just so that I
could determine that when building Curl, the linker was actually looking for
and accessing the dll file, and sure enough a bunch of unresolved external
error messages popped up. So I know OpenSSL is being referenced as Curl is
being linked, but somehow it's not accessible during run time.

I have an older build where OpenSSL does show up on the curlversion info,
and the Libcurl.dll is some 612 kb in size. However when looking at the new
build 7.59 or 7.60, the one in which SSL doesn't show up, the dll is
substantially smaller, after one build it was only 264 kb.

I can't figure it out.