Re: Microsoft is acquiring GitHub!

From: doa379 <doa379_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 17:55:35 +0100

> A private, for profit company is buying another private, for profit company.
>
> I really cannot grasp all this M$ is evil and will doom GH mantra.

It's an anti-competitive measure on part of M$. Yet again. How about
they create their own content platform as an alternative to GH?

The material value of GH isn't worth anywhere near $5bn. It's
considerably less. They are effectively buying into more than GH alone
and this sort of thrifty behaviour isn't welcome in my mind.