Re: Using libcurl to send shell commands through SSH?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2018 08:36:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 26 Jun 2018, Martin Galvan wrote:

> I was wondering if there's a facility to open an SSH connection and send
> shell commands using the libcurl API itself rather than falling back to
> libssh/2's API.

There isn't and there isn't likely to ever be one, IMHO. libcurl is for
"transfers" and its API is designed and targeted for that. Adding extra stuff
to issue SSH commands and everything that would entail and require to offer a
decent API, I think would mean going outside of what our "mission" is about.

The SSH libraries otoh, are explicitly made to facilitate such features...