Re: Any tips or documentation for writing a new Curl_handler (protocol)?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2018 08:43:24 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 10 Jul 2018, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:

> I was wondering if you have any documentation, or general tips, for writing
> a new handler? I was thinking of implementing an NBD (Network Block Device)
> client.

I'm afraid we don't have much docs for that! :-( I suppose mostly because it
doesn't happen very often.

I think the best way to do it is to take a look at how other handlers are
written, like perhaps the smb support would be similar in style and spirit?

Does NBD actually have a URL syntax defined?

What's the use case for an application to use this?

Setting up and writing tests for it can probably be a challange.