Re: a URL API ?

From: Geoff Beier <geoff_at_redhoundsoftware.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2018 09:47:41 -0400

We use the uriparser library Radu Hociung mentioned primarily because there
was nothing analogous in curl.

The setters would be important to us. I might be bikeshedding here, but the
ability to add to the query would be very nice. So something like
curl_url_query_append(urlp, "numitems", 3)

An unsigned type feels more appropriate for port than int does.

While I can't say that we'd move our working code from uriparser to this
API, I'm certain this API would have prevented us from reaching for
uriparser in the first place, particularly because all of our URL usage is
for consumption by libcurl anyway.

I assume this is obvious, but if this API gets added to curl, a setopt that
takes a CURLURL would be wanted :)