Re: Windows users! Help us test upload performance tuning?

From: Ray Satiro <raysatiro_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 14:33:30 -0400

On 8/2/2018 8:52 AM, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> Please note that we would *love* your assistance here if you're a
> Windows user and can offer a few moments of your time to run a few
> tests on a few Windows versions and tell us the outcome! Here's a
> simple way to help us make curl better without doing any coding at
> all! =)
>
> We want to have more user's experience and results from tests to
> determine how we should make curl make uploads on windows as fast as
> possible.
>
> See Daniel's mail below for details. Please report your results to the
> list, to me or to Daniel Jeliński and we can make a summary in a few
> days.
>
> --
>
>  / daniel.haxx.se

The tests below were all done wired to a router to a cable modem. I ran
the test on each OS several times and the results were very close each
time, no outliers.

1. Windows XP SP3, USA, NYC:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
generating test file...
running vanilla...
start:0.453000 total:7.703000
running patched...
start:0.468000 total:7.656000
Press any key to continue . . .

2. Windows Vista SP2, USA, NYC:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
generating test file...
running vanilla...
start:0.484000 total:15.234000
running patched...
start:0.453000 total:2.234000
Press any key to continue . . .

3. Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, USA, NYC:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
generating test file...
running vanilla...
start:0.453000 total:8.125000
running patched...
start:0.453000 total:2.203000
Press any key to continue . . .

3. Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise, USA, NYC:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
generating test file...
running vanilla...
start:0.453000 total:8.175000
running patched...
start:0.421000 total:2.106000
Press any key to continue . . .

4. Windows 8 (original), USA, NYC:
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.3.9600]
generating test file...
running vanilla...
start:0.453000 total:4.718000
running patched...
start:0.453000 total:2.031000
Press any key to continue . . .

5. Windows 10, 1607, USA, NYC:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393]
generating test file...
running vanilla...
start:0.453000 total:4.281000
running patched...
start:0.453000 total:1.594000
Press any key to continue . . .

6. Windows 10, 1709, USA, NYC:
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.309]
generating test file...
running vanilla...
start:0.453000 total:4.281000
running patched...