Re: Windows users! Help us test upload performance tuning?

From: Daniel Jeliński <djelinski1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2018 07:55:10 +0200

> Testing with the same
> file via ftp to my server in Denmark (11 hops) shows a
> bit worse result:
> running vanilla...
> start:0,406000 total:1,219000
> running patched...
> start:0,359000 total:1,531000
>
> Seems ftp is maxing my line here. Maybe little to do with
> Winsock tuning.

FTP is a tricky beast. If the results are repeatable, I'd love to take
another look.

> Besides the 'test' data-file gives the wrong picture under
> a VPN-connection. With PPTP/L2TP compression

I believe VPN operates on a lower level than TCP, so send buffer usage
will not be affected by VPN compression. But you could see speeds
faster than what your ISP advertises, which is kind of nice.
Thanks for your testing!
Daniel