Re: Decoding base64 in parameter parsing

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 19:57:06 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018, Philipp Hagemeister wrote:

> My best course of action is then to split off the base64 decoding into its
> own C file, and then expose that via curlx, right? I'll try that and update
> the PR.

Right, that should be doable.

> My immediate use case is that my (platform-indendent) program outputs
> the command-line that can be pasted anywhere.

If the data is truly binary, meaning a lot of non-ascii bytes codes, then I
think base64 is probably the most sensible encoding.

> Note that this is no different from what the Chrome Developer tools do.

... and Firefox and Safari =)

But they will of course not use this new option anyway for a very long time
since they want to generate command lines that work with the curl versions
people are likely to have... But that's a different issue really.