RE: 7.62.0 brings lots of news, test it early!

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2018 15:23:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 1 Oct 2018, Rod Widdowson via curl-library wrote:

>> This is just a small request and reminder that if you can, we will appreciate
>> if you get and try out a recent daily snapshot of curl in your application or
>> environment as an extra precaution to verify that we haven't broken anything
>> significantly!
>
> Does pulling from git and building from HEAD equate to the same thing or is
> there a tag (or a stream of tags) I'd be better to build from?

That'll work perfectly!

The daily snapshots are generated from git master every (european) night as if
they had been a "release" and are then uploaded and made avaiable. They mostly
differ from git in the way they ship with a configure already made etc, while
when you build from git you need to use ./buildconf first - or just use cmake.