Re: Parallelizing tests

From: James Fuller via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 10:23:59 +0200

a few thoughts;

Using containers adds a dep (already mentioned) and subdividing test
runs across containers will require a mechanism for aggregating test
result reports which may get a bit complicated. Maybe container arch
could just be restricted to travis-ci and those who are ok with
containers (I am but wary of unintended architectural 'seepage' with
their usage).

As a poor mans optimisation, runtests.pl could be amended to fork
tests ... for completeness, I see that ctest can execute tests in
parallel though I have no experience with it.

It would be cool to see Dan's proposed changes as a branch.

Jim