Re: Init option?: libcurl version coded for

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 13:26:52 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 29 Oct 2018, Rich Gray via curl-library wrote:

> For example, if I coded something last year against libcurl 7.55.1,
> somewhere early on there might be a call like:
>
> curl_coded_for_version(0x075501);

This is an interesting idea, but I fear it is highly impractical and hard to
actually implement and maintain.

For every fork in functionality, we'd have to document both ways and test both
ways. And documenting those in a clear way is hard.

It becomes an exponential burden when you add more forks along the way.

I don't think this is practical.