RE: Fetching the detail of SSL Host verification failure

From: Basuke Suzuki via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 18:46:54 +0000

> Thinking further. Can you remind me again why
> CURLINFO_SSL_VERIFYRESULT isn't good enough for you if you already use
> OpenSSL and it provides the added information about the verification result?

Okay. We have a demand to distinguish hostname validation error from CURLE_PEER_FAILED_VERIFICATION. The detail is not reported on CURLINFO_SSL_VERIFYRESULT on that situation. Initial idea was to return newly defined CURLcode. Then we realized OpenSSL error codes are returned in that field with different situation. We thought the user will be confused when both errors are mixed. That's why we were going to switch to OpenSSL error code than CURLcode.

-----
Basuke Suzuki
SONY PlayStation