Re: sftp fails with LIBSSH2_ERROR_SOCKET_RECV

From: Shane de Deuge via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2018 14:51:28 +1100

On Wed, Nov 7, 2018 at 10:14 PM Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Nov 2018, Shane de Deuge via curl-library wrote:
>
> Build a debug-version of libssh2, run an example app using plain libssh2
> and
> see what the libssh2 debug messages say.
>
> If you're using a modern SSH server it isn't unthinkable that your libssh2
> version just can't negoatiate a connection with it. You might need libssh2
> git
> master (or the pending next release, whenever that is...).
>
> curl can establish a connection with the server from my virtual machine,
so I don't think the version of libssh2 is the issue.

I attempted to add --enable-debug to the recipe, but that caused the build
to fail with a UnicodeDecodeError.

The yocto build includes Dropbear, and I can use that to establish an ssh
connection to the server from the embedded device.

Is there anything else I should be looking for? If enabling debugging is
the best way forward then I will keep going with that.
I am from an 8-bit embedded background and don't have heaps of experience
debugging this sort of thing, so any other advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shane