Re: "configure --with-zlib=<path>" does not work correctly

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2018 15:15:38 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Nov 2018, Alexander.Elgert via curl-library wrote:

> I compiled zlib version 1.2.11 and told configure where to look for this
> library, unfortunately it was not successful on redhat 7.6 because the
> construct "gcc -L<zlib1.2.11_path> -lz" adds the -L behind the "ldconfig -v"
> paths.

ldconfig is not used by the linker, it is used by ld.so at run-time so I don't
understand what ldconfig -v has to do with anything here.

We have however seen broken pkg-config in zlib many times that have expressed
its include path to be /usr/include which thus ruins things.

Is your problem a -L/usr/include (or similar) that appears in the link line in
configure?

I think the best clues to this problem of your are found in the config.log
file after configure has compeleted. Where does the wrong flag first appear?