Re: NTLMV2 authentication;

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2018 12:40:21 +0100 (CET)

On Sun, 9 Dec 2018, Markus Moeller via curl-library wrote:

> How can I progress the patch https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/3287 I
> provided ?
>
> Could others test against an AD which allows the different combinations and
> in particular the last i.e DCs refuse LM and NTLM (accept only NTLMv2
> authentication) to confirm the changes work in all cases ? It seems to work
> for me.

I'd like to see two things happen:

1. The PR needs to fix the test failures. We can't merge anything that
knowingly breaks tests. You need to update the tests with the new protocol
data that ends up being used because of the changed bits.

2. Confirmation by one or two other users that NTLM still works. Since our
test cases don't really know NTLM and just verify that we keep using it like
before, we need to verify that this doesn't break existing behaviors against
some actual NTLM end-points.