Re: Serverside Streaming connection using libcurl

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2018 23:27:32 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 15 Dec 2018, Prashant Shubham wrote:

> But the data will not be coming always, I need to implement something like
> an action on server side will trigger a reponse which will go to client. And
> client will always keep listening for that response on that channel either
> there is data coming or not. Something similar to async push from server to
> client.
>
> Is there any API in libcurl to implement this?

If you want the client to get the data as soon as it gets available then you
should probably just make a request with curl and not have a timeout. Then
curl will just sit there waiting for the transfer to start or complete, until
the server does that. And when one transfer is done, the client can just issue
another request and go back to waiting...