Re: curl, governance, money and the future

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2019 15:33:47 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:

> tl;dr: A number of core committers propose that curl joins an umbrella
> organization (SFC) and that we setup a "steering committee" to primarily be
> in charge of project money decisions.

(If you've forgotten, the proposal is still available here:
https://curl.haxx.se/mail/lib-2018-10/att-0033/curl__governance__money_and_the_future.pdf)

It took a while, but I've now gotten a response from SFC:

  Conservancy's Evaluation Committee really likes curl and would like us to
  move forward. There's going to be a bit of delay for onboarding because our
  policy is to prioritize our existing projects and many of them need our help
  and support for their FOSDEM activities.

  I'd like to propose we meet after FOSDEM, in mid-February.

I'll setup a meeting and move forward. I'll get back with updates when there
is anything to report.