Re: Idea: voluntary restricting curl (use)

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 14:19:31 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019, James Fuller via curl-library wrote:

> alternately instead of restriction we could warn people better with just
> more log messages with a warning log level and maybe --warning switch.

We could, but the value of that would be questionable I think.

When you invoke a shell script or libcurl-using application written by someone
else you basically never see the log messages, and the script author is likely
to have redirected/hushed up anything that would look alarming.

In addition to the general warning/message fatique that makes a large
percentage of users ignore warnings if it still works...