RE: Successfully build after 2 week struggle but...!

From: Salisbury, Mark via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2019 14:27:18 +0000

Hi Himanshu,

“I successfully build windows x86 static libcurl library after struggling for two week. I'm new to building libraries but at the end it build. I build all dependencies statically like…”

When you create a static library, you don’t have to worry about satisfying link dependencies your code has (functions defined in external modules).
Your code still has these dependencies, but they aren’t a problem until you try to link your static library into a program (.exe) or .dll / .so (in Linux).

So at the time you link your program (not libcurl but your program which depends on libcurl – looks like you called it CurlLib2UploadFile.exe), you need to specify all the libraries which satisfy these missing dependencies to the linker. These missing dependencies (read, write, CertOpenStore, etc.) look like methods defined in standard windows libraries (ws2_32.lib, Crypt32.lib, etc.)

Hope this helps.

-Mark