Re: FreeBSD CI builds

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2019 16:59:34 +0100

After some trial runs, I've enabled Cirrus with builds on FreeBSD 10.4, 11.2 and
12.0. They're pretty full-featured builds, too, but there are some caveats. I
discovered that quite a few tests (22) fail on FreeBSD. I didn't look into the
reasons why, but rather just disabled those in the CI system so we can start
getting some FreeBSD coverage at all and use the working tests to avoid
regression.

The SSH server also isn't starting during the test runs due to some
options used in its config file that are unsupported on the FreeBSD OpenSSH
version. The DICT server also is failing on startup for some reason.

If we have some FreeBSD hackers listening, it would be really useful to get to
the bottom of these failures. If they're problems with curl then they could
be affecting end users, but if they're only issues with the test suite, then we
should fix them to make sure we don't encounter test regressions on FreeBSD in
the future.

>>> Dan