Re: How to fix libcurl error(easy handled already used in multi handle) ?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2019 19:48:55 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019, kishore koney via curl-library wrote:

> I am using *libcurl(version = 7.61.1*]*)* easy API for downloading http
> url/files(as byte-range chunks). I am getting libcurl_easy_perform() return
> error_code(*2*) and errorBuffer((*easy handled already used in multi
> handle*). I am opening 10 concurrent active libcurl easy handles as part of
> 10 threads in a process. Is that OK ?

Sure, that's fine. But since this error occurs, it sounds as if you're adding
one of those handles twice.

> Is there any limit on how many concurrent libcurl easy
> handles(libcurl_easy_init) a process can keep active at a time ?

No. Although you might run into problems when reaching the maximum number of
open file descriptors you can have in a process, which typically defaults to
1024.

> *I do not get this error all the time but once in a while(1 out of 10 easy
> handles). Are there any tips on handling this error ? What context will
> raise this error ?*

It explains itself: when you try to add a handle to a multi handle that
already is added to a multi handle.

> Are there any libcurl usergroups/forums where I can post my libcurl queries
> ?

I would say that this is the most suitable one.