Re: curl integration in xupnpd2 mediaserver (c++)

From: Aleksandar Lazic via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 20:00:40 +0100

Hi Thomas.

Am 14.02.2019 um 14:30 schrieb Thomas Schmiedl via curl-library:
> Am 14.02.2019 um 09:43 schrieb Daniel Stenberg:
>> On Tue, 12 Feb 2019, Thomas Schmiedl via curl-library wrote:
>>
>>> I use the xupnpd2 mediaserver (https://github.com/clark15b/xupnpd2) on
>>> my router to display some hls-streams on my TV. xupnpd2 doesn't
>>> support https. I'm not a developer, but maybe someone could give me
>>> some hints, how to replace the current code in
>>> https://github.com/clark15b/xupnpd2/blob/master/plugin_hls_common.cpp
>>
>> I think the primary problem is not how to use curl, but to figure out
>> how to insert it into that code base smoothly.
>>
> I would be glad if someone would take a look into the code.

I have take a look into it and I would suggest to create a
plugin_hls_curl_common.cpp and put the curl stuff there, it's much easier then
rewrite the current file, imho.

There are several c++ libs at this page.
https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/bindings.html

I suggest to use one of this if one of the libs helps you.
In the lib source dirs on github are also some examples for learning hot to use
the libs.

You may consider to use also the brand new functions in the curl_url family for
URL parsing.

https://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/c/curl_url.html

Maybe you will need some hight performance handling then I suggest to use some
functions ,of the curl_multi family.

HtH

Aleks