RE: Need to build 32-bit curl on RH Linux 64-bit

From: Robert Sorrells via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:21:56 +0000

Thank you, sir.

I have done everything EXCEPT play with /etc/ld.so.conf, which I do not have permission to do. Regardless of whether I use the Intel 32-bit compiler, or gcc with "-m32" flag, GNU "ld" always searches /lib64 and /usr/lib64 first, and rejects incompatible libraries for libssl, libldap, libz and librt. I can fiddle with the command lines in my own separate little scripts and make it work, but "configure" (nicely) builds and attempts compilation of all of these executables. Unfortunately there does not appear to be any environmental variable that will override the search path chosen by "ld".

I found an RHEL6 "rpm" file at the curl download site which hopefully contains 32-bit binary curl libs. I'm trying to get my SA to install it.

Thanks again.

Bob Sorrells
Amdocs IT Services, LLC