Re: winbuild: Add MultiSSL support

From: Jan Ehrhardt via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 23:07:42 +0200

Daniel Stenberg via curl-library in gmane.comp.web.curl.library (Fri, 12
Apr 2019 22:39:37 +0200 (CEST)):

>On Fri, 12 Apr 2019, Jan Ehrhardt via curl-library wrote:
>
>> makefile.m32 and ./configure (when cross-compiling on *nix for Windows)
>> already support MultiSSL. However the makefiles in /winbuild still prohibit
>> it. It requires a small adjustment to enable it there too:
>> https://github.com/Jan-E/cURL-winlibs/commit/3997fc006b3a3650f4b9bdb5b1f508ced04d00fb
>
>Thanks, but why not submit this as a pull request?

PR will follow soon. I just wanted to check here first.

>The "/DWINSSL_ENABLED=1" piece looks wrong as we've worked hard recently to
>chase away all references to "winssl" and now prefer and use "Schannel".

It is still there in the repo:
https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/configure.ac#L1521
This is why I added the flag to the makefile command.

>For the rest of the changes, they seem okay to me but I don't build on
>Windows.
>
>> See the discussion on https://github.com/winlibs/cURL/issues/13 as well.
>> Maybe PHP will not implement MultiSSL, but that should be no obstacle to
>> enable it in Curl itself.
>
>OpenSSL itself does not read/use the Windows certificate store. (Comment based
>on the discussion in said github issue).

Yes, that is what I thought as well.

--
Jan