SIZEOF_LONG undefined when cross-compiling for iOS

From: Jonas Vautherin via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 09:05:28 +0200

Hello!

I have been trying to cross-compile curl for iOS, using leetal's toolchain
[1] (and another, similar one that has the same issue).

When building for the "Xcode" cmake generator (cmake -G Xcode <...>), curl
build successfully. But when building for the "Unix Makefiles" generator, I
get an error saying that SIZEOF_LONG is undefined.

I see that SIZEOF_LONG is defined in curl_config.h.cmake [2], but I don't
really get where it comes from. It seems like it gets defined somehow by
Xcode, but not when building using clang directly (Unix Makefiles).

Should I set it somewhere manually? And if yes, it is always right to say
that it should be "8" on 64-bits archs, and "4" on 32-bits archs (as
described here [3])?

[1]: https://github.com/leetal/ios-cmake
[2]: https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/master/lib/curl_config.h.cmake#L892
[3]: