Re: A quick follow-up release next week

From: Ray Satiro via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 15:14:04 -0400

On 5/24/2019 6:46 AM, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:

>  A) branch off in git and release 7.65.1 with those commits reverted
>
>  B) keep them in master and release 7.65.1 with those included
>
>  C) keep them in master and call the release 7.66.0
>
> For simplicity and sticking to our own rules, I personally lean
> towards C.

See upstream/jay/test [1] for a combined reversion. I also tested
reapply with cherry-pick if you want to do it all in master instead (in
other words revert then release then cherry pick). Which rules make you
lean towards C? Also how was adding the SASL authzid support accidental?
When the feature window is open those type of commits are expected.
Maybe add a week cooling off period after the release before opening the
feature window so it can be determined whether an urgent patch release
is necessary.

[1]: https://github.com/curl/curl/compare/jay/test?expand=1