Re: A quick follow-up release next week

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 22:00:12 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 24 May 2019, Ray Satiro via curl-library wrote:

> See upstream/jay/test [1] for a combined reversion. I also tested reapply
> with cherry-pick if you want to do it all in master instead (in other words
> revert then release then cherry pick).

Right, doing it all in master is also an option. I take it you favor that
approach? I'll admit it is attractive.

> Which rules make you lean towards C?

It felt like it might be the one with the least resistance and work.

> Also how was adding the SASL authzid support accidental?

Because I first didn't clearly say no and I didn't stop it when the first
commit went in.

> Maybe add a week cooling off period after the release before opening the
> feature window so it can be determined whether an urgent patch release is
> necessary.

Yeah. Or if not a week, we could have the opening of the feature window to be
explict so that someone (like me) should announce it as open before we
consider it so. Then it could be made a week if we need it, or just three days
for the times when we consider that good enough...

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me