Re: CURLSHOPT_LOCKFUNC callback requirements.

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 20:21:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 4 Jun 2019, Carlos ORyan via curl-library wrote:

> I guess the bottom line is: should I use different locks for different kinds
> of data in the same CURLSH* handle?

Yes. Each kind should have its own lock since they will be locked/unlocked
totally independently of each other.

> And if so, may I suggest that the documentation could be improved to say:

> ... When using multiple kinds of data in a CURLSH you must make sure that
>> your callback uses a different lock for each kind of data. With that
>> constraint in mind, use a single lock a time for each CURLSH and kind of
>> data.

Thanks. How about this further edited version?

  The data argument tells what kind of data libcurl wants to lock. Make
  sure that the callback uses a different lock for each kind of data.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me