Re: Stuck in poll on network disconnect

From: Magdy, Marco via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2019 17:34:56 +0000

On 6/14/19, 12:12 AM, "Daniel Stenberg" <daniel_at_haxx.se> wrote:

    I noticed you also closed it again, but the reasoning surprised me.

      - you withdrew it after you noticed the speedcheck call in the TOOFAST state,
        but in your use case surely your transfer is never in TOOFAST?

      - isn't your transfer in the PERFORM state when it gets stuck? If so, the
        Curl_speedcheck call is done in Curl_readwrite() so it *should* already
        detect the situation... (but since you see this issue, something must be
        wrong)

Turns out the code in libcurl is fine. The problem happens when the requestTimeout
In the SDK is set to a value less than 1000, which leads this code[1] to set
CURLOPT_LOW_SPEED_TIME to 0, effectively disabling it (facepalm).

What I don't have an answer for so far is why that problem does not happen on MacOS.
But, I'll worry about that later.

I apologize for the noise.

Thanks for all your hard work on this awesome library.

[1] https://github.com/aws/aws-sdk-cpp/blob/f024f1df634de8441414ba090d963af71254ebd8/aws-cpp-sdk-core/source/http/curl/CurlHandleContainer.cpp#L121