Re: Questions about split client/host in runtests

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2019 23:53:11 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 21 Jun 2019, Stephan Szabo via curl-library wrote:

> We're starting to maintain an internal cross-compiled port for libcurl and
> we've started getting tests running using the split client/host support in
> runtests, but we had a question about the feature checking done by the
> script.

Cool! I'm sure you might end up needing to fix the scripts a bit to get that
going.

> When checking for features, is the intent that these are checked on the
> client or that the client and the host have the same feature set available?

Okay with this terminology:

   client - the machine that runs curl

   host - the machine that runs the test suite

... the script should only care about the features of the client's curl
installation. I don't think the host should even have to have curl installed.

> It seems like curl -version is run on the client, but server/disabled and
> curl -M (for manual support check) is currently run on the host.

I'd say that's a result of us basically never running it on host/client like
this so these mistakes can easily slip in without us noticing!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me