bind address lockup

From: Robert NEMKIN via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2019 13:39:31 +0200

Hi,

Sorry for my English.

I needed a network quality measurement tool, so I decided to write a
litle c program based on libcurl and libcurl examples. The plan was to
download a testfile from remote web servers via http in 4 threads and
check the time.

On the test system all went well. The network is a bit big, on the
production test server I has to use 18 ethernet cards. On the machine
with this many of ethernet cards, I experienced random lockups.

One thread with bind-address ok, 4 thread without bind-address ok, 4
thread with bind address randomly locks.

I don't know if setsockopt bind address is thread-safe?
Maybe I can use some workaround? E.g. download a little testfile
sequential to do the bindaddress serialized with keepalive, then start
the multithreaded download?

Thank you for any help.

Robert