Re: Async thoughts

From: Stefan Eissing via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019 12:31:03 +0200

Feedback as one of the more recent multi-users:
- once I read the documentation, it was quite easy to figure out X-)
- I find the way of stuffing several easy things into one multi quite intuitive.
- there are several use scenarios that can be described as "async"
  * mine was a pretty simple one where libcurl is selecting itself and there are no handles from somewhere else to watch
  * I therefore cannot speak on how easy it is to integrate curl handles into your own select/poll/whatever

As a related, but slightly different thought:
- the API offered by libnghttp2 has one important feature: it does not do IO itself
- it could be an idea to offer a curl API that gets fed with chunks of data to process and hands out other chunks to send.
- this would decouple big parts of curl from socket/file handles and would let applications use whatever fits them best
  (of course, the existing API should stay)

My quick, off the hip, thoughts about this...

Cheers, Stefan