Re: Remove check for MacOS 10.0 to 10.3 as we are at 10.14?

From: Daniel Gustafsson via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:32:46 +0200

> On 17 Jul 2019, at 11:19, Christian Schmitz via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se> wrote:

> Maybe this test should be removed as MacOS < 10.4 is no longer used?
> Or the condition could be changed?

This is an upstream issue in libtool, removing it from curl would require us to
patch it via buildconf until fixed in upstream (and a new version lands on a
majority of macOS boxes). We already do some level of tweaking in the upstream
files, but less invasive so far.

If you change the test in the case expression to the following, does that work?

- 10.[0123])
+ 10.[0123][,.]*)

The correct fix would be to make build-aux/ltmain.in perform the same check as
m4/libtool.m4 was patched to do in commit e145288b059e14ab7e58fc6a304e82d9dad.
I suggest we raise that on the GNU libtool mailing list, do you feel up to that
or should I?

cheers ./daniel