Re: How to do optimal FTP upload for multiple files?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2019 00:13:53 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019, Taras Kushnir wrote:

> I didn't investigate curl commandline tool upload time on my machine since
> for me priority #1 is to fix upload errors of users of my app (since they
> will just stop using it for upload). I will do so right after finding some
> solution to this problem.

Trying the same operation with the curl tool would be a way to diagnose what
you're experiencing. If curl doesn't show the problem, then it is specific to
your use of libcurl. If curl *does* show it, then it seems likely to be a more
generic libcurl issue.

> I understand about NAT/firewall/etc. timeout, but the thing is that libcurl
> 7.57 works for them right at the same time (of course, it could be a very
> big coincidence).

I'm not suggesting it is a coincidence. You already say it uploads much
slower, so the risk for the control connection to time out is therefore much
higher so I think the correlation seems rather likely.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me