Re: Username and password in URL stopped working with proxy

From: Mike Crowe via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2019 21:39:18 +0100

On Saturday 03 August 2019 at 21:32:12 +0200, Daniel Stenberg wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Aug 2019, Daniel Stenberg via curl-library wrote:
>
> > > curl --proxy http://proxy:3128/ --anyauth http://unittest:password@host/
> >
> > And you're using curl 7.65.3 ?

No, I was using the current state of master yesterday:
decefd5778f0b1f3b0e1178f2264b39f3c294f10, but I believe that curl v7.64.0
in Debian Buster behaves the same way.

I've attached two logs. One from my build of master, and one from the
Debian Stretch version of curl (7.52.1.) It looks like v7.52.1 passes the
username and password on to the proxy in the URL, whereas master does not:

(master) * Issue another request to this URL: 'http://cam-unittest-fixture.brightsign/~unittest/cgi-bin/auth-digest/make-large2.rb?maxage=0&bytes=310'

vs

(7.52.1) * Issue another request to this URL: 'http://unittest:password@cam-unittest-fixture.brightsign/~unittest/cgi-bin/auth-digest/make-large2.rb?maxage=0&bytes=310'

I hope this makes things clearer.