[poll comment] "Bandwidth limit settings on the multi interface"

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 12:31:55 +0200 (CEST)

Suggested in the free-form field in the roadmap poll.

Years ago implemented this feature as an experiment but it turned out pretty
complicated. If you do X transfers and they have N bytes/sec allowance in
aggregate, it is a hard challange to distribute the available bandwidth on the
transfers in a way that would resemeble a lower bandwidth connection (which I
assume you'd like from such a feature). We can already set bandwith caps per
transfer so this feature is more just a problem to make sure all transfers use
th given bandwidth as good as possible but without starving invididual
transfers...

If someone has thoughts on this, we could discuss!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me