response reading failed

From: Christian Schmitz via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 09:50:30 +0200

Hello,

Does someone have an idea why we may get "response reading failed"?

> A003 OK Logged in
> A004 LIST "" "*"
> response reading failed
> A005 LOGOUT
> response reading failed
> Closing connection 0

We can talk to IMAP server and e.g. send FETCH command and get an answer. But with LIST command it fails.

I see that Curl_pp_readresp is the only place this error message is made.

    else if(gotbytes <= 0) {
      keepon = FALSE;
      result = CURLE_RECV_ERROR;
      failf(data, "response reading failed");

Is it possible we could have some data coming in on SSL level and not yet a full decrypted byte, so gotbytes can be zero as data is still coming?

Sincerely
Christian

--
Read our blog about news on our plugins:
http://www.mbsplugins.de/