Re: surprising call of pop3_done() when doing http fuzzing

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2019 09:10:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 23 Sep 2019, Paul Dreik via curl-library wrote:

> The decoded contents of the test data means this is what happens:
> - set hostname to "A"
> - set doh url to "pop3:/tA"
> - start transferring

Ah, this a bug but a pretty harmless one:

The code:

https://github.com/curl/curl/blob/41db01a39f88d05f43344d0ea1d1b588b3441403/lib/doh.c#L261-L264

It disables the HTTPS-enforcement for debug-builds (meant to allow plain HTTP
as well for running tests and debug the protocol easier) - and the fuzzer
builds and uses debug builds. I'll change that to only allow HTTP + HTTPS in
the debug case.

PR coming up.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me