Re: [DKIM] Re: Stoppable curl_easy_perform ?

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 12:38:52 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, Zakrzewski, Jakub via curl-library wrote:

>> this is just a pass/fail of the "abort" verb, no? I guess it's not that new
>> codes cost much, but does it buy anything?
>
> But even then curl_easy_abort(...) must return something that is not
> CURLE_OK. Since other codes do not seem appropriate, it needs a new one
> IMHO.

Yes, that's pretty much exactly my thought process how I ended up with two new
return codes: none of existing ones seemed to fit very well and then rather
than trying hard to retrofit existing ones onto this case: introduce new.

I've tried to write down the idea and concept in the wiki and I've adapted
according to feedback. It is available here:

   https://github.com/curl/curl/wiki/curl_easy_abort

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me