Re: Windows Aarch64 build

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2019 23:48:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 21 Oct 2019, Michał Janiszewski wrote:

> You can browse GitHub tags:
> * via the webui:
> https://github.com/janisozaur/curl-win-aarch64/blob/curl-7_66_0/curl.exe
> * for raw files for download:
> https://github.com/janisozaur/curl-win-aarch64/raw/curl-7_66_0/curl.exe
> * for automated release packages:
> https://github.com/janisozaur/curl-win-aarch64/archive/curl-7_66_0.zip

My bot wants to find the version number somewhere with a regex OR find a
file/URL that exists that uses the version number. The tag names are
(unfortunately) not the version numbers!

So, the above URLs are fine for human consumption but there's nothing on them
that says those pages and files are "7.66.0" so my bot can't see this.

If you'd use tag names that match the version strings, it would be much easier
for me, for example.

> Does that suffice? Note the currently uploaded binaries are linked in shared
> mode, I can probably rebuild them as static ones if needed.

I don't know what users of this package might want.

>> Releases are built from release tarballs and not straight from git so they
>> won't appear completely the same...
>
> Don't the tags then end up on master branch anyway?

They do, but release archives are *generated* from the files in the repository
with the tag, and 'maketgz' that makes the release will update a few files
when doing so.

You can fake the same thing by:
  $ git checkout [tag]
  $ ./maketgz [version] only
  $ make

The key being the "only" keyword there which makes maketgz only update files
for the given version and not actually go all the way and produce a release
tarball.

> The PR to enable AArch64 was trivial, can't this be added to the release
> builds the same way?

The release builds are source code only!

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me