Re: ARM test 323 failure

From: Daniel Stenberg via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2019 00:00:55 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 18 Oct 2019, Dan Fandrich via curl-library wrote:

> Secondly, I noticed a couple of test runs ended in segfaults (for example
> [3]; I thought there was another one but I can't find it now). That's a bit
> more worrisome, but it's going to be hard to produce without ready access to
> the hardware.

I'm now trying to land PR #4514 [1] and while doing so I've seen the arm64
build crash with a segfault on several different test cases after I've
restarted the build again.

In the latest build it is test 842 [2]. I don't think the crashes are
particularly related to my patch and especially not since they tend to move
around on repeated test rounds on the exact same code base.

I've run the failed tests manually on the aarch64 machines I have access to
but I can't reproduce.

I'm afraid all of this makes it look like the arm64 support on travis is or
perhaps our tests on travis' arm machines are a bit flaky! =(

[1] = https://github.com/curl/curl/pull/4514
[2] = https://travis-ci.org/curl/curl/jobs/600630805#L5551

--
  / daniel.haxx.se | Get the best commercial curl support there is - from me