Re: cURL error 77

From: Dan Fandrich via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2019 16:35:21 +0200

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 09:50:48AM -0400, Leo Solutions via curl-library wrote:
> I really need your help on this.
> We are using Mailgun PHP API and they use curl to call their api.

You won't get much PHP support on this list.

> For some reason, we have a problem with cURL error 77 and sometimes, everything
> is fine.

FWIW, error 77 is CURLE_SSL_CACERT_BADFILE

> I have a cronjob that call the update on the cacert.pem 1h before the call to
> send newsletter through mailgun.
> Each subscriber have their own settings that filter the newsletter. So, I'm
> sending approx. 29 000 or less depending on their settings.
> Last week, It Works like a charm.
> This week, some worked and other, I received that error in the log file.

So, what changed between last week and this week? Could the PHP installation or
libcurl have changed?

> cURL error 77: error setting certificate verify locations:
>   CAfile: /home/tarteset/bin/cacert.pem
>   CApath: /home/tarteset/bin/cacert.pem

Did you do the obvious thing and check that that file exists? My guess is it
doesn't Note that it makes no sense for CA file and CA path to be set to the
same location.

> Thank you for your help because I'm desperate. My customer is pissed off after
> us.
> I tried with the web hosting support.
> I tried with Mailgun support.
> Nothing change.

If you're that desperate then consider paid curl support:
https://curl.haxx.se/support.html