Re: Rare crashes when working with HTTP/2

From: Rainer Canavan via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 14:06:38 +0200

>> I'm getting rare crashes inside curl but all of them have the same stack trace. Curl is 7.66. libnghttp2 is 1.31 (from epel on CentOS 7).

[...]

> Looked throught libnghttp2 release notes and found that presumable fix was done in libnghttp2 of version 1.32.1. Just for information for anyone who discovers the same problem.
>
> Question to devs: should HTTP/2 be disabled on buggy versions of libnghttp2? I guess it can be done in runtime, since curl already gets libnghttp2 version info.

I'd say no. The fix may get backported by the EPEL maintainers, but
the version number of libnghttp2 will not change in the process,
therefore curl cannot tell from the outside if it is broken. I'm not
sure what the current process is to get bugfixes into EPEL, but you
should pester the relevant Fedora, CentOS or RedHat maintainers to
backport that fix, if you haven't done so already.

rainer