Re: MinGW Cross-Compiling results in error "ld: cannot find -link"

From: Michael Fabian Dirks via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019 15:10:17 +0100

On 29/10/2019 03:35, René Berber via curl-library wrote:
> Building from the tar.xz (or equivalent) does already have a useful
> configure file.

I am getting the same result with a build from a source archive instead
of using 'git clone ...'. However I did manage to get it to work by
setting the CROSS variable to x86_64-w64-mingw32, and making sure that
CC, CXX, CPP, LD, AR, AS, NM, RC, WINDRES, DLLTOOL, DLLCONV, GCOV and
various other variables were unset. Though libtool does complain about
some host path issue: