missing libraries for static linked libcurl

From: acorn12 via curl-library <curl-library_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 20:30:14 -0800

I am trying to compile one of my app for someone else running Ubuntu.

The original app is compiled & runs (without issues libcurl 7.59) under
Win 10. It uses libcurl and has it statically linked to avoid DLL issues.

When I compile it under Mint 19.2 and try the app under Mint on the
machine it is compiled on it runs without issues.

On other machines (one Mint 18.2, the other not yet sure of the specific
version of Linux), I get various errors about missing libraries, such as

/wxSR-CL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcurl.so.4: version //
//`CURL_OPENSSL_4' not found (required by wxSR-CL)/

If I copy the file libcurl.so.4 to the same directory as the executable,
I end up with errors

/wxSR-CL: libcurl.so.4: no version information available (required by //
//wxSR-CL)//
//wxSR-CL: /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.1: version //
//`OPENSSL_1_1_1' not found (required by libcurl.so.4)/

Looking through some of the documentation, I see that I would need to
add all required dependencies to my linker command line, but I have no
idea which ones I would need or where I would find them.

The original Mint version runs without issues on the PC they are
compiled on, but moving the executable to anothe rPC causes the issues
described.

Meanwhile, I have looked at the data from curl_version_info_data and I have

libcurl 7.67.1-DEV

support for SSL: OpenSSL/1.1.1

support for zlib1.2.1.1

So I am really puzzled, why the version info seems to tell me it had SSL
support as part of the linked in library, but still complains about not
finding it in the first scenario.

Thus the main question is how do I get a fully static package built?

What are the important parameters for the gtkbuild command line and
which additional libraries would I need and where do I find them.

TIA